Located about 75 miles from the Holiday Inn Santa Maria, the Hearst Castle in San Simeon is the perfect day trip when visiting Santa Maria.
Step back in time and relive one of the most decadent chapters in American history with guided tours through Hearst Castle.
Envisioned by newspaper giant William Randolph Hearst and designed by architect Julia Morgan, Hearst Castle began as a modest hilltop retreat, but ended up one of the world's greatest attractions and showpieces for ancient art—one that still rivals museum collections around the world.
Experience the 1920s and 30s grandeur that surrounded W. R. Hearst and his esteemed Hollywood guests at La Cuesta Encantada—Spanish for "Enchanted Hill"—with guided Hearst Castle tours.
- Head northeast on N Broadway
- Take the ramp onto US-101 N
- Exit onto CA-1 N/Toro St toward Morro Bay/Hearst Castle
- Turn right onto Walnut St
- Take first 1st onto CA-1 N/Cabrillo Hwy/Santa Rosa St
- Turn right onto Hearst Castle Rd