Vandenberg AFB Lodging
Vandenberg Air Force Base is headquarters for the 30th Space Wing. The 30th manages Department of Defense space and missile testing, and placing satellites into polar orbit from the West Coast, using expendable boosters.The base leases launch pad facilities to SpaceX, and has leased 100 acres to the California Spaceport in 1995.
The Space and Missile Heritage Center located on the Air Force base is Vandenberg's only National Historic Landmark open for regularly scheduled tours through the 30th Space Wing's Public Affairs office. On display at the Heritage Center are artifacts and memorabilia about the missile and space launches at Vandenberg. The Heritage Center is a great way to dive into the history of Vandenberg Air Force Base and learn about its mission and the role it has played in military, commercial, and scientific space endeavors.
The climate of California's Central Coast is mild The 150 square-mile area between San Francisco and Los Angeles is surrounded by the Santa Ynez Mountains, the Pacific, and ranches of northern Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo counties. The Holiday Inn Santa Maria is only 24 miles from Vandenberg AFB.
When choosing the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Santa Maria as your Vandenberg AFB hotel, you can take advantage of the spacious accommodations and dedicated service provided to all of our extended stay guests. Kitchenette's equipped with microwaves, mini-fridges, glassware, silverware, as well as toasters and coffee makers allows you to find comfort during your stay.
Our location near Vandenberg AFB, as well as Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Den-Mat, and Babe Farms is perfect for employees and guests to stay while traveling for business or to visit family stationed at the base.
Choosing Holiday Inn Santa Maria for your lodging when visiting Vandenberg AFB means getting access to these premium amenities:
- 37-Inch Flat-Screen TV with Premium Cable, Pay-Per-View Movies, and Video Games
- Free WiFi
- Rollaway Beds Available Upon Request
- Kitchenette with Microwave, Mini-Fridge, Coffeemaker, Stove, Toaster, Pots, Pans, Glassware, and Silverware
- Free Sunday Morning Newspaper Delivered to Your Room
- Work Desk with Lamp and Plenty of Outlets
- Bathroom with Tub and Shower Combo, Toiletries, and Hair Dryer
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Connecting Rooms Available Upon Request
- Pets Welcome
Since you are in the area, make sure you sample some Tri-Tip BBQ at Portabella Bar & Grill located at the hotel, making it a convenient spot to dine out or if not in the mood, order your savory BBQ to eat in your room.
Directions to Vandenberg AFB
- Head northeast on N Broadway
- Merge onto US-101 S
- Take the Betteravia Rd exit
- Turn right onto E Betteravia Rd
- Turn left onto S Broadway
- Continue onto CA-135 S/Orcutt Expressway
- Merge onto CA-1 S/County Rd 20/Cabrillo Hwy via the ramp to Lompoc/Vandenberg AFB
- Continue onto California Blvd and follow signs for Vandenberg Air Force Base